AQR-IREA is pleased to announce the 2016 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics, to be held in Barcelona on October 27th-28th, 2016.
The workshop will be focused on innovation and the spatial diffusion of knowledge with emphasis in collaboration networks. Its aim is to bring together researchers in urban and regional economics who are working in topics where the broad concept of the geography of innovation plays a fundamental role. Particular attention will be paid to papers dealing with the mechanisms and actors of knowledge diffusion (knowledge spillovers, networks, technological collaboration, and knowledge relatedness). Although the Workshop will focus on empirical papers, theoretical studies are also welcome.
The keynotes speakers will be:
- Maryann Feldman (Department of Public Policy at the University of North Carolina)
- Karen Maguire (Regional Innovation Unit of the OECD Regional Development Policy Division)
Audience: We will accommodate around 8-10 papers, to be presented in plenary sessions that will complement the keynote speakers’ presentation.
- Deadline for papers submission: September 9th 2016 (Papers should be sent in pdf format to email@example.com. Extended abstracts or incomplete drafts will also be considered, but full papers will be favoured)
- Notification of acceptance: September 16th 2016
- Preliminary programme: September 30th 2016
- Final programme: October 15th 2016